Pharmacy Tech I Cert - Reg, Pharmacy, Orange - Part Time
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Hospital Orange
6901 Medical Center Drive
Orange, TX 77631
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Pharmacy Tech I Cert - Reg, Pharmacy, Orange - Part Time Job in Orange
Assists the Pharmacists in dispensing functions in several areas of the pharmacy, processes new orders in the inpatient area, assists in scheduling and admixing IV’s, replenishes medications in patient cassettes, process admissions, transfers and discharges, prepacks medications, and replaces stock.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Formal Pharmacy Technician training course preferred. Have knowledge of controlled substance dispensing, general billing process, IV admixture certified or trained, cassette filling, physician order processing, order entry and must know categories of medications.
· Must be able to consistently complete workloads in all areas of pharmacy.
· Prefer experience as hospital pharmacy technician or evidence of satisfactory completion of a formal hospital training program including advanced IV and chemo training.
· Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
· Current certification as a Pharmacy Technician with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy or Technician Trainee should take and pass the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or the Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technician (ExCPT) and upgrade before this registration expires.
*Orange County expected opening is October 23' if hired prior to October, candidates will be training at both Mid County and St.E locations until final transition to Orange.