Apply Now Pharmacy Tech I Job in Beaumont
Assists the Pharmacists in dispensing functions in several areas of the pharmacy, processes new orders in the inpatient area, assists in scheduling and admixing IV’s, replenishes medications in patient cassettes, process admissions, transfers and discharges, prepacks medications, and replaces stock.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Formal Pharmacy Technician training course
· Minimum of two (2) years pharmacy experience, with at least one (1) of the two years at CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Health System St. Elizabeth Hospital.
· Prefer experience as hospital pharmacy technician or evidence of satisfactory completion of a formal hospital training program including advanced IV and chemo training.
· Have knowledge of controlled substance dispensing
· General billing process
· Cassette filling
· Physician order processing
· Order entry
· Must know categories of medications
· Must possess a working knowledge of scheduling and admixing of IV solutions, IV admixture certified or trained
· Must be able to assume the duties of the Pharmacy Buyer, Surgical tech, ICU/CVICU
· Be able to assist or assume the duties of the Narcotic Technician and Pyxis Monitor
· Will be responsible for entering patient orders into computer system
· Be able to work any of the Pharmacy Technician I assignments
Be able to work in any area of the department: Surgery Sat., ICU Sat,. OP Sat., Pharmacy safe, Beaumont Bone and Joint Pharmacy and Central Pharmacy
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
· Current certification as a Pharmacy Technician with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy
Per Diem As Needed