Pharmacy Resident / Full-Time
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
1672 Hospital Dr
Santa Fe, NM 87505
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Pharmacy Resident / Full-Time Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: Twelve (12) month Pharmacy Residency Program accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) to provide post-graduate pharmacist training in clinical and distributive pharmacy for an integrated health care system. The candidate will be expected to promote the safe and effective use of medication for all patients of the hospital through proper interpretation of physician orders, accurate dispensing of pharmaceuticals, and monitoring of therapy. The candidate should be able to provide accurate, adequate and timely drug information to other health care providers. Maintain and review patient profiles and make recommendations to prescribers to ensure appropriateness of therapy, avoid drug interactions and adverse reaction. The candidate should also be able to assist in maintaining appropriate inventories of approved medication for routine, emergency, and floor stock situation.
EDUCATION: Requires Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an accredited school of Pharmacy.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Licensure by New Mexico Board of Pharmacy is required no later than October 1st year of hire. Continuous education to maintain licensure and certification(s), if any, is required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, advanced mathematical skills required
- Keyboarding skills are preferred (must be able to develop competence using hospital pharmacy software)
- Word processing skills are preferred
- Must have the ability to work with medical staff, nursing staff and other healthcare employees.
EXPERIENCE: Must have successful completion of accredited pharmacy school curriculum and clinical training.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Director, Pharmacy, Clinical Pharmacy Manager
- Bloodborne pathogen B (Occasional exposure in daily duties. Little expected risk, but may be exposed unexpectedly to potentially infectious materials. Exposure may be superficial and limited to a small amount of fluid.) Close quarters in a busy environment. Possible exposure to patients with infectious diseases. Possible exposure to hazardous chemicals and allergenic drug products. Extended exposure to video display terminals.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to work at a rapid pace throughout entire shift, while under demanding workloads and stressful situations. Hearing sufficient to use telephones and pagers and vision sufficient to read physician orders, requisitions and reports. Hand to eye coordination sufficient for aseptic technique.