Perfusionist II - Surgery General Job in San Antonio
The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- The perfusionist provides all aspects of perfusion (circulatory support) care to patients as needed within the Children's Hospital of San Antonio.
- A perfusionist assists the team during various types of cardiac surgical procedures.
- Responsible for operating a heart/lung machine that artificially replaces a patient's heart or lung functions during surgery.
- Provides all aspects of perfusion (circulatory support) care to patients as needed.
- Responsible for supervising, planning, organizing, and improving perfusion services provided by perfusionists.
- Prepare, maintain, and operate the appropriate machinery during open heart surgery.
- Ensures that supplies and equipment are always readily available.
- Graduate of an accredited program in perfusion technology.
- Attendance of an accredited program in perfusion technology, including performance of the minimum number of cases to be eligible for certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP).
- Certified/Licensed or eligible for certification/licensure by the American board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP) and the Texas Medical Board. CPR – within two (2) weeks of employment.