Performance Improvement and Data Management Coordinator PT/32HRS
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
490A West Zia Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Share This Job On
Apply Now Performance Improvement and Data Management Coordinator PT/32HRS Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for monitoring, managing, abstraction, collection, review, interpretation, analysis, reporting, and presentation of quality measurement data. Other duties include identification of opportunities for improvement, and communicating results of data analysis to appropriate disciplines and departments for follow up action. Provides core measure support by chart review, data abstraction and submission, and supporting core measure improvement teams. Participates in hospital CQI initiatives, and clinical pathway and clinical process improvement teams. Provides clinical chart reviews and Performance Improvement (PI) support as needed for NMMRA case reviews and JCAHO survey findings.
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree in a business or medical-related field is required or a graduate of accredited nursing or medical record program with 2 years related data analysis experience.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Current New Mexico Nursing license required, if coordinator is a nurse.
- Excellent reading, writing, and editing skills in English.
- Ability to effectively evaluate medical records.
- Competence with word processing, spreadsheet, and data management computer applications.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to articulate information or data to multiple audiences with varying level of knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to calculate figures and perform basic statistical computations such as mean, median and mode.
- Must be able to understand graphical displays of data and prepare and interpret control and run charts.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, test hypotheses and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of information and abstract data from multiple sources.
- Understanding of hospital processes and the systems involved in the delivery of patient care.
- Knowledge of ICD-10, CPT/HCPCS and other coding systems preferred.
- Demonstrated skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 5 years of healthcare experience required, of which a minimum of two has been spent in an acute care setting. One year medical/surgical unit or critical care nursing experience preferred. Two years experience with data collection and analysis required.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Executive Director, Quality
- Bloodborne pathogen A
General office environment and general hospital departments/nursing.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to move around the hospital to all units/departments for about 20% of the day, sitting in office 80% of the day. Extensive use of a computer of required applications. Requires close work, good vision, dexterity to write as well as to type. Occasionally stand; occasionally walk; frequently sit. Infrequent bending/stooping; infrequent squatting/crouching; rare kneeling; rate climbing. Occasional lifting/carrying up to 20 lbs; occasional pushing/pulling up to 20 lbs. Occasional reaching shoulder level and above; frequent reaching to waist to chest level; occasionally reaching below waist level. Frequent simple grasping; occasional power grasping; frequent finger dexterity; frequent fine motor control. Occasional twisting of neck; frequent bending neck to look down; occasional bending neck to look up. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ample time in front of a computer. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.