Pediatric Pulmonology Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Advanced Practice Clinician
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital
Share This Job On
Apply Now Pediatric Pulmonology Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Job in San Antonio
The Division of Pulmonology in the Department of Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine has an opening for a full-time Advanced Practitioner position at CHRISTUS Children's. This position comes with a faculty appointment within the department of pediatrics, a competitive salary, and a full benefits package. Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Nurse Practitioner Candidate:
- Education Required: master’s degree in in Nursing.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN-NP), and specialty certification as required by department. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Physician Assistant Candidate:
- Current PA licensure with the Texas Medical Board.
- Current certification with the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
- For both:
- Background working with children with chronic illness, and knowledge of long-term medications and drug interactions.
- Strong physical assessment and diagnostic skills as well as experience in patient and family education and coordination of care; and Current Certifications in Basic Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.