Patient Safety Technician - Nursing Relief - PRN
CHRISTUS St Michael
Quality and Risk Management
CHRISTUS St Michael Health System
2600 St Michael Drive
Texarkana, TX 75503
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Safety Technician - Nursing Relief - PRN Job in Texarkana
This position is PRN: as needed (no set shift/schedule).
The Patient Safety Technician provides supervision of patients who require continuous observation. The PST is to ensure the patient's safety and well-being. The PST will provide continuous patient observation, interaction and role modeling to patients under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. While performing specific duties, the PST must provide appropriate crisis intervention as necessary by anticipating and responding quickly to escalating behaviors, utilizing de-escalation techniques to diffuse violent situations, and correctly prioritizing safety concerns.
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Previous related experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Behavioral Health Tech experience a plus but not required
- Patient Sitter experience a plus but not required