5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Patient Representative Senior - Turtle Creek Clinic - Pediatrics
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic Turtle Creek
706 Turtle Creek Drive
Tyler, TX 75701
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Representative Senior - Turtle Creek Clinic - Pediatrics Job in Tyler
The Patient Representative is responsible for check-in and check-out of patients in a Physician Practice. The Patient Representative processes and enters charge information into the database. Verifies insurance benefits and assists with referrals. Completes billing processes and distributes billing information.
- Checks patients in, verifies, and updates necessary information in EMR. Assists patients with completing all necessary forms.
- Maintains appointment schedule, files charts, coordinates lab work, and responds to routine request for information.
- Responsible for accurately processing tickets as patients exit the clinic. Review tickets for accuracy and completeness, determines appropriate fees for services rendered, calculate totals, collect appropriate amount from patients, properly record information.
- Process payments received in person and by mail. Records, totals, and prepares monies for deposit according to company procedure.
- Maintains quality control standards (HIPAA/OSHA).
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year of medical billing experience, including ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS coding in a health care organization.
- Ability to operate a 10 key calculator by touch, multi-line telephone, computer, copier, and fax machine.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills and strong math knowledge