Patient Representative II - Clinic - General Surgery
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
TMFHS TYR NorthPark Med Plz-38030
910 E. Houston
Tyler, TX 75702
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Representative II - Clinic - General Surgery Job in Tyler
Prepares inpatient and outpatient claims either for electronic mail or hard copy and forwards to appropriate third party payers. Analyzes and reviews claims to ensure that payer specific billing requirements are met. Follows-up on billing, determines and applies appropriate adjustments, answers inquiries and updates accounts as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college course work a plus.
- Ability to operate telephone, computer, copier, fax machine and 10-key calculator by touch.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Minimum three years of physician billing experience.
- Candidate must possess the following:
- Extensive knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-9 coding principles in a multi-specialty physician practice.
- Thorough understanding of government and commercial payer guidelines as well as reimbursement methodologies.
- Ability to successfully perform all aspects of the physician billing cycle including initial claim submission, payer rejection resolution, denial follow-up, secondary appeal and refund processing.
- Advanced understanding of medical terminology.