Patient Rep II - Clinic Float Pool - Part-Time
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
TMFHS TYR Mother Frances Hosp-38000
520 E. Douglas
Tyler, TX 75702
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Rep II - Clinic Float Pool - Part-Time Job in Tyler
The Patient Representative II is responsible for check-in and check-out of patients in a Physician Practice. The Patient Representative processes and enters charge information into the database. Verifies insurance benefits and assists with referrals. Completes billing processes and distributes billing information.
- Checks patients in, verifies and updates necessary information in EMR. Assists patients with completing all necessary forms.
- Maintains appointment schedule, files charts, coordinates lab work, and responds to the routine requests for information.
- Responsible for accurately processing tickets as patients exit the clinic. Review tickets for accuracy and completeness, determine appropriate fees for services rendered, calculate totals, collect appropriate amounts from patients, properly record information.
- Process payments received in person and by mail. Records, totals and prepares monies for deposit according to company procedure.
- Maintains quality control standards (HIPAA/OSHA).
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year of medical billing experience, including ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS coding in a health care organization.
- Ability to operate a 10 key calculator by touch, multi-line telephone, computer, copier and fax machine.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and strong math knowledge.