Patient Flow Coordinator FT/36HRS Nursing Admin
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
490A West Zia Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Flow Coordinator FT/36HRS Nursing Admin Job in Santa Fe
Expedites problem resolution of patient flow barriers through inter-departmental collaboration including direction of environmental services, lab, radiology, pharmacy, case management, respiratory therapy, patient care unit associates and other associates as indicated to maintain patient flow. Maintains communication with the Administrative Supervisor and Patient Intake Center (PIC) throughout the shift. Coordinates patient room assignment, prioritized bed flow issues and communicates plan to PIC.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma. Completion of the Advanced Certified Nursing Assistant training required or must obtain within six months from date of hire or date of transfer.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Certified nursing assistant certification required. BLS issued through American Heart Association required.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to communicate in English effectively both verbally and in writing
- Demonstration/completion of annual competencies
- Age Appropriate Competencies
- Effective communication for interdepartmental collaborative relationship building
- Data collection and trending on key metrics
- Demonstrates principles of AIDET communication process
- Uses technology to enhance real-time communication -- phone, pager, tablet
- Performs responsibilities consistent with hospital safety policies
- Performs responsibilities consistent with adherence to infection prevention policies.
EXPERIENCE: Five years as a certified nursing assistant in an acute hospital setting; eight years preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Chief Nurse Executive
-Bloodborne pathogen: B
Works irregular hours. Multiple simultaneous activities of patient care. Exposure to infectious diseases and x-rays. Exposure to varying unpredictable situations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to handle emergency situations, prolonged, extensive or considerable standing. Has knowledge of and uses good body mechanics. Occasionally positions, pushes and/or transfers patients or equipment. Hearing and visual acuity within normal limits. Manual dexterity and fine motor coordination required