5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Patient Financial Representative - Customer Service
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
Share This Job On
Patient Financial Representative - Customer Service Job in Irving
The associate is responsible for the duties and services that are of a support nature to the Revenue Cycle division of CHRISTUS Health. The associate ensures that all processes are performed in a timely and efficient manner. The primary purpose of this position is to perform tasks that support account resolution and reconciliation of outstanding balances for CHRISTUS Health patient accounts. The position works in a cooperative team environment to provide value to internal and external customers.
The associate carries out his/her duties by adhering to the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct, acts in the best interest of CHRISTUS Health and fully supports CHRISTUS Health's Mission, Philosophy and core values of Dignity, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence and Stewardship.
- Performs Revenue Cycle functions in a manner that meets or exceeds CHRISTUS Health key performance metrics.
- Ensures PFS departmental quality and productivity standards are met.
- Responsible for professional and effective written and verbal communication with both internal and external customers in order to resolve outstanding questions for account resolution.
- Manages and maintains patient and payor information to facilitate account resolution.
- Responds to all types of account inquires through written, verbal or electronic correspondence.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of all functions within Revenue Cycle.
- Meets or exceeds customer expectations and requirements, and gains customer trust and respect.
- Compliant with all CHRISTUS Health, payer and government regulations.
- Appropriately documents patient accounting host system or other systems utilized by PFS in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Provides continuous updates and information to PFS Leadership Team regarding errors, issues, and trends related to activities affecting productivity, reimbursement, payment delays, and/or patient experience.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Ensures all payments are retrieved and posted accurately and timely, post lockbox monies, EFT/ACH monies, credit card payments, and patient payments including JV entries for non-patient cash.
- Resolves submitted work queues for missing and/or unapplied cash.
- Monitor and performs cash reconciliation to identify cash posting errors and ensures all receipts are applied.
- Prefers 2 years’ experience in a customer service or support in a related field.
- General hospital A/R accounts knowledge is preferred.
- College education, previous Insurance Company claims experience and/or health care billing trade school education may be considered in lieu of formal hospital experience.
- Professional and effective written and verbal communication required.