Patient Financial Instructor (Sign-On Incentive Available)
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
Share This Job On
Patient Financial Instructor (Sign-On Incentive Available) Job in Irving
The associate is responsible for the duties and services that are of a support nature to the Revenue Cycle division of CHRISTUS Health. The associate ensures that all processes are performed in a timely and efficient manner. The primary purpose of this position is to provide onboard training, continuing education, and quality auditing for vendors and Revenue Cycle Business Services. The position works in a cooperative team environment to provide value to internal and external customers.
The associate carries out his/her duties by adhering to the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct, acts in the best interest of CHRISTUS Health and fully supports CHRISTUS Health's Mission, Philosophy and core values of Dignity, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence and Stewardship.
- Performs Revenue Cycle functions in a manner that meets or exceeds CHRISTUS Health key performance metrics.
- Ensures PFS departmental quality and productivity standards are met.
- Responsible for professional and effective written and verbal communication with both internal and external customers.
- Meets or exceeds customer expectations and requirements, and gains customer trust and respect.
- Compliant with all CHRISTUS Health, payer and government regulations.
- Appropriately documents patient accounting host system or other systems utilized by PFS in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Provides continuous updates and information to PFS Leadership Team regarding errors, issues, and trends related to activities affecting productivity, reimbursement, payment delays, and/or patient experience.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Development and maintenance of learning content that is accurate, intuitive, and understandable for new hires, existing associates, and vendors.
- Development and maintenance of learning content introducing intermediate and advanced learning topics as needed.
- Provide training on job functions including systems, processes, and ad hoc requests to associates and vendors.
- Use various information systems to support training (HealthStream, Genesis, etc.).
- Maintenance of learning program that meets or exceeds satisfactory scores as tracked by pre-assessment scores, post-assessment scores, and readiness of new associates to perform tasks fundamental to PFS.
- Development and maintenance of on-going training program to refresh existing skills and competencies.
- Development and maintenance of learning environment that supports on-demand skills.
- Perform focused audits and individual associate audits providing associates and leaders with audit results in a well-organized and easy to understand format.
- Perform vendor audits providing PFS Leadership and vendor with audit results in a well-organized and easy to understand format.
- Identify trends and areas of improvement based on audit findings and provide recommendations.
- Identify potential training needs and/or needed updates to job aides and training material working closely with Training and Process Improvement team on opportunities identified.
- Provide support to associates and vendors as needed to help facilitate passing QA scores.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in healthcare business office environment with demonstrated skills and experience related to insurance billing, collections, payment, and reimbursement verification and/or refunds preferred.
- Experience working with related Business Office applications preferred.
- Experience working with Excel and a practical knowledge of remaining Microsoft Suite.
- Experience providing education training either in classroom or one on one with RCBS preferred.
- Experience developing and maintaining educational material preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to spot trends and opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain performance working with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions based on experience, facts, and process guidance.
- Ability to collaborate with peers and leadership.