Patient Facilitator Radiology/Part-Time
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Facilitator Radiology/Part-Time Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides quality care under the direction of the Radiology manager, CT Technologist and MRI Technologist. Provides excellent care to patients and an understanding that they may be in pain; follows AIDET guidelines. Makes sure to check positive identification before assisting with all exams. Has basic knowledge of contrast media, how it affects patients and what action to take to help the technologist in the event of a reaction. Helps performs a variety of procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative in assisting in diagnostic imaging procedures. Must be able to communicate with patients, radiologists and staff members at all times. Must stock and maintain all supplies needed for a variety of procedures. Understands safety requirements associated with radiation exposure as well as MRI safety.
EDUCATION: High School graduate or equivalent required.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: BLS issued through American Heart Association required.
- Ability to think independently and use good judgment for situations which require initiative and ingenuity
- Ability to retain composure under stress, to move quickly but effectively to meet patient care needs
- Time management skills to manage a high volume of assignments as expeditiously as possible
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience in the medical field preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Radiology Manager
- Bloodborne pathogen: - C -Exposure to various body fluids, infections and contagious diseases. Appropriate universal precautions protection must be used at all times.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: May be required to work other than a standard shift as dictated by workload, staffing, and equipment failure. Standing, sitting, and/or ambulating for the entire shift assigned. Prefer the ability to move Radiology supplies and equipment up to 50 lbs