Patient Care Technician Senior - PASC
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa PASC Stone Oak
502 Madison Oak Drive
San Antonio, TX 78258
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Care Technician Senior - PASC Job in San Antonio
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse/licensed Nurse, this position will assist with routine and repetitive patient care activities in the assigned department. This position also performs specific clerical, organizational and patient focused activities. The patient focused tasks will be supportive in nature.
- Assists with the admission, transfer and discharge of patients. Completes pertinent documents.
- Assures that all patient belongings accompany the patient home at time of discharge.
- Safely transports patients as required.
- Maintains security/confidentiality when transporting patients and interacting with family and visitors.
- Cleans, procures, and returns equipment and supplies.
- Assist Licensed personnel in providing a safe and comfortable environment at all times.
- Perform unit specific patient care tasks in accordance with skills checklist.
- Assist with the maintenance of stock items according to established inventory when needed. Keeps department supplies in an organized and orderly fashion.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies.
- Communicate effectively with other team members.
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned patient care responsibilities in a manner that meets the population-specific and developmental needs of patients served by the department.
- Appropriately adapts assigned patient assessment, treatment, and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age specific and other developmental needs of each patient served.
- Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values of Santa Rosa Health Care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have completed a Nursing Assistant program and have the skills on the skills checklist.
- Patient care experience in an acute care hospital, preferred
- Knowledge of the hospital environment: is required.
- CPR certification is required.