7AM - 7PM
Patient Care Technician
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Westover Hills
11212 State Highway 151
San Antonio, TX 78251
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Care Technician Job in San Antonio
Under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager and the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse, the nursing attendant performs non-nursing tasks facilitating efficient maintenance of the unit.
- Assists nursing staff in maintaining a safe, clean, smooth functioning unit. Empties soiled linen, restock supplies, cleans/defrosts refrigerators, clean equipment and maintain orderly environment.
- Assists nursing staff in maintaining high standards of nursing practice by facilitating a prompt response to patient needs. Retrieves items from other departments, stocks formula, maintains laryngoscopes and blades, sets up admission beds and assists with transfers.
- Assures equipment on the unit is functioning properly.
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned responsibilities in a manner that meets the population-specific and developmental needs of members served by the department.
- Appropriately adapts assigned assessment, treatment, and/or service methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age specific and other developmental needs of each member served.
- Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values of Santa Rosa Health Care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience in a hospital setting is preferred.
- Demonstrate good communication, interpersonal, and public relations skills.
- Handles anger, frustration, or irritation in a mature manner.
- Demonstrates flexibility in adapting to changes in work situations and schedule adjustments.
- Must demonstrate the mental and physical ability to perform the tasks as outlined in this position description