Apply Now Patient Care Tech - Nursing Relief - PRN Job in Corpus Christi
The Patient Care Tech I will assist with conducting and documenting vital signs, changing and making beds, transporting patient, delivery of food trays and assisting with lifting in and out of bed. In addition will provide activities for daily living to the patient that includes bathing, feeding, and dressing. May also deliver and retrieve items from other departments within the hospital. Answer call lights and may funtion as a Unit Secretary, including preparing patient record and order entry.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong customer service skills and computer literacy is required. Previous experience as a Patient Care Tech in a hospital setting preferred.
- CPR (American Heart Association)
Per Diem As Needed