Patient Care Tech II-Telemetry
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
Nursing & Nursing Support
CHRISTUS SRH New Braunfels Hos-31700
600 N Union Ave
New Braunfels, TX 78130
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Care Tech II-Telemetry Job in New Braunfels
The Critical Care Technician works with the RN's in the ICU to provide care to patients. They have special skills beyond those of a Patient Care Assistant for example, they can perform venipuncture, dress wounds, removal staples and sutures, and measure peak expiratory flow rate.A. Education/Skills
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Completion of one of the following educational programs is required:
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant program OR
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant program OR
- Successful completion of a Basic EMT program (Intermediate EMT or Paramedic preferred).
- One year of patient care experience in an acute care hospital or EMT field/Emergency Care Setting required.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Current CPR certification required.
- If certified as Nursing Assistant, Associate must maintain current certification.
- If certified as a Medical Assistant, maintaining certification is preferred.
- If certified as an EMT, maintaining certification is preferred.