Patient Care Tech II
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Westover Hills
11212 State Highway 151
San Antonio, TX 78251
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Care Tech II Job in San Antonio
The Patient Care Tech II works with the RN’s in the unit to provide care to patients.They have special skills beyond those of a Patient Care Assistant.For example, they can perform venipuncture, dress wounds, removal staples and sutures, and measure peak expiratory flow rate.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Completion of one of the following educational programs is required:
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant program OR
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistance program OR
- Successful completion of a Basic EMT program (Intermediate EMT or Paramedic, preferred)
- One year of patient care experience in an acute care hospital or EMT field/Emergency Care setting required.
- Current CPR certification is required.
- Current certification as a Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, or EMT preferred