Patient Care Assistant (Medical Assistant) Intern I FT/40HRS EG
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
1672 Hospital Dr
Santa Fe, NM 87505
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Care Assistant (Medical Assistant) Intern I FT/40HRS EG Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsibilities include attendance at all education and training sessions, active participation in clinical training and skills labs. Expectations include successful completion of instructor led and self paced study programs, assigned reading, online completion of modules including point of care testing and health streams. On site clinical duties may include returning patient messages, relaying messages to patients from provider, notification of test results and documentation in patient EMR. Intern will observe and assist patients, PCA's, nurses and providers with patient care in the clinic setting. Upon successful completion of competencies will perform vital signs, and obtain history of chief complaint for visits. Under supervision intern will perform various Point of Care Testing and will document quality control for each test completed.
EDUCATION: High School Graduation or GED.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: BLS issued through American Heart Association required.
- Outstanding customer service skills that demonstrates compassion, integrity and enthusiasm.
- Knowledge and skills to perform clinical documentation and to maintain strict confidentiality of medical information.
- Strong organizational skills; excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others at all time.
- Demonstrates aptitude for independent study and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate ability to learn clinical skills with minimal need for demonstration and repetition.
- Ability to navigate through computer software by use of a mouse, keyboard or stylus and windows based software.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 6 months of work experience preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Clinic Manager in conjunction with CSV clinical education team
ENVIRONMENT: Requires knowledge of general safety standards to limit exposure to infectious disease. Daily contact with infectious diseases and body fluids.
- Bloodborne pathogens: C
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Bending, stooping, and lifting up to 35 lbs, reaching above head and below knee level. Utilization of proper body mechanics. Long periods of sitting at times. Keyboard usage with sound ergonomic principles. Must be flexible in work schedule.