Patient Care Assistant FT/40HRS Pulmonary Critical Care
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
490A West Zia Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Care Assistant FT/40HRS Pulmonary Critical Care Job in Santa Fe
Responsible for greeting patients on the phone and in the clinic in a warm friendly tone. Registration and interviewing of patients to obtain accurate demographic and financial information while scheduling appointment. Other responsibilities may include returning messages, scheduling follow up tests, referrals and prior authorizations. Assists patients, nurses and providers in patient care in the clinic setting. Performs vital signs, and obtains history of chief complaint for visit. Performs various Point of Care Testing and documents assuring quality control for each test completed.
EDUCATION: High School Graduation or GED. Successful completion of an accredited nursing assistant, EMT, or medical assistant program of study.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: BLS issued through American Heart Association required. Will be expected to obtain Certified Medical Assistant certification within 6 months of hire.
- Outstanding Service Excellence skills to guarantee quality patient care and patient satisfaction
- Knowledge and skills to obtain vital signs and PHI
- Strong organizational skills; excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required
- Ability to work collaboratively with others; ability to work independently
- Asserts initiative on performance improvement opportunities
- Ability to navigate through computer software by use of a mouse, keyboard or stylus and windows based software.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of one year medical experience that includes direct patient contact, preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Clinic Manager
ENVIRONMENT: Requires knowledge of general safety standards to limit exposure to infectious disease. Daily contact with infectious diseases and body fluids.
- Bloodborne pathogens: C
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Bending, stooping, and lifting up to 35 lbs, reaching above head and below knee level. Utilization of proper body mechanics. Long periods of sitting at times. Keyboard usage with sound ergonomic principles. Must be flexible in work schedule.