Patient Care Assistant Family Medicine Center FT/40HRS
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
490A West Zia Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Care Assistant Family Medicine Center FT/40HRS Job in Santa Fe
EDUCATION: High School Graduation or GED. Successful completion of an accredited nursing assistant, EMT, or medical assistant program of study.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: BLS issued through American Heart Association required. Will be expected to obtain Certified Medical Assistant certification within 6 months of hire.
- Outstanding Service Excellence skills to guarantee quality patient care and patient satisfaction
- Knowledge and skills to obtain vital signs and PHI
- Strong organizational skills; excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required
- Ability to work collaboratively with others; ability to work independently
- Asserts initiative on performance improvement opportunities
- Ability to navigate through computer software by use of a mouse, keyboard or stylus and windows based software.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of one year medical experience that includes direct patient contact, preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Clinic Manager
ENVIRONMENT: Requires knowledge of general safety standards to limit exposure to infectious disease. Daily contact with infectious diseases and body fluids.
- Bloodborne pathogens: C
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Bending, stooping, and lifting up to 35 lbs, reaching above head and below knee level. Utilization of proper body mechanics. Long periods of sitting at times. Keyboard usage with sound ergonomic principles. Must be flexible in work schedule.