Patient Account Specialist Senior - Orthopedic Surgery
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic East Medical Plaza Texarkana
Share This Job On
Patient Account Specialist Senior - Orthopedic Surgery Job in Texarkana
The Patient Account Specialist Senior is responsible for the accurate and timely billing and collecting of physician services
- High school diploma or equivalent; college course work a plus.
- Ability to operate telephone, computer, copier, fax machine and 10-key calculator by touch.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Minimum three years of physician billing experience.
Candidate must possess the following:
- Extensive knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-9 coding principles in a multi-specialty physician practice.
- Thorough understanding of government and commercial payer guidelines as well as reimbursement methodologies.
- Ability to successfully perform all aspects of the physician billing cycle including initial claim submission, payer rejection resolution, denial follow-up, secondary appeal and refund processing. Advanced understanding of medical terminology.