5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Patient Account Specialist Senior - Hospital Collector (Sign-On Incentive Available)
CHRISTUS System Office
No Travel Applicable
CHRISTUS Corp Lake Charles TLRA Office
Share This Job On
Patient Account Specialist Senior - Hospital Collector (Sign-On Incentive Available) Job in Lake Charles
Provides medical collection services for TLRA collection units. Utilizes a strong background as a medical collection specialist to successfully resolve accounts placed with TLRA for collection. This involves performing collection activities related to follow-up and account resolution, and includes communication to patients, clients, reimbursement vendors, and other external entities while adhering to all client, state and federal guidelines. Patient and client satisfaction is essential. Associates in the collection unites are expected to knave knowledge of the overall collection work processes for the both active AR and BD inventory.
- Possesses thorough understanding of the hospital revenue cycle with specialization in hospital billing, follow-up, and the account resolution process.
- Utilizes and applies industry knowledge to resolve aged accounts receivable by working various account types including, but not limited to: hospital and/or professional claims, governmental and/or non-governmental claims, denied claims, high priority accounts, etc.
- Manage multiple work queues for follow-up and denials by engaging payor websites and initiate calls in order to ensure prompt payment of medical claims. Pursues and/or follow-up on appeals. Initiates communication with coding team and clinical staff when coding related, and medical necessity appeals are warranted.
- Identifies denial trends and notifies Supervisor and/or Manager to prevent future denials and further delay in payments. Makes recommendations for resolution.
- Remains open-minded with change: maintains performance during period(s) of change and understands changes in tasks and/or environment as well as the basis for change
- Possesses ability to professionally communicate (in all forms) with payer resources such as: website, e-mail, telephone, customer service departments, etc.
- Possesses a cooperative and positive attitude toward clients, management, and co-workers by responding politely and professionally and being a valued team player
- Ability to meet departmental standard for quality and productivity.
- Must have minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Customer Service call enter environment with a focus on healthcare billing/collections or collection agency environment or 3 years’ experience working in a client service or marketing capacity, preferably in a healthcare or collection agency environment.
- General hospital A/R accounts knowledge is required.
- PC skills in a Windows environment are required. Solid knowledge and utilization of desktop applications to include Word and Excel are essential.
- College education, previous Insurance Company claims experience and/or health care billing trade school education may be considered in lieu of formal hospital experience.