Patient Account Specialist Senior - Ambulatory Surgery
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS SR Ministry Administration Office Loop 410
100 NE Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78216
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Account Specialist Senior - Ambulatory Surgery Job in San Antonio
To ensure maximum reimbursement and/or disposition of all account balances with prompt and accurate responses to patients and third party payers. Under minimal supervision, performs a broad range of clerical and analytical tasks relating to the overall management of the patient accounts receivable. Job functions may include benefits qualifications, data entry, patient/insurance billing, collections, payment/adjustment application, filing, auditing, researching accounts and communicating with other departments as well as with patients and physicians’ offices. Also responsible for implementing collection policies and procedures, financial counseling and other duties as assigned.
Collecting outstanding balances utilizing strong decision making skills in order to maximize reimbursement in an effective and timely manner, including reviewing and analyzing correspondence, utilizing problem-solving and strong organizational skills. Completes write offs, adjustments, refunds and discounts. Utilizes technological resources available to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency in account resolution. Extensive knowledge of contractual obligations and reimbursement methodologies involved in TMFHS contracts. Interacts with system liaison to address carrier specific issues. Assists in training and provides resources and guidance for PAR level (i.e. industry related duties: collections regulations, specialized coding managed care). Responsible for demonstrating leadership skills and exhibiting professional behavior at all times. Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3-5 years experience in clinical account management and/or specialized related experience (collection, accounting, systems, health insurance, etc.)
- Approved courses in industry related topics (procedural & diagnostic coding, collection law, etc)
- Computerized patient account systems and/or electronic claims filing. Possess PC skills and the ability to write letters in Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge in collections and health insurance, reimbursement methods, or demonstrated competency in specialty area. Strong analytical and communication skills. Demonstrated leadership ability, able to promote team effort and motivate co-workers. Gives information, instructions or guidance in a manner that promotes mutual understanding.
- Basic Office equipment
- Associate Degree in business, finance or accounting preferred
- Prefer multi-specialty experience in a larger organizational setting.