Patient Account Specialist
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
CHRISTUS Spohn Medical Offices Saratoga Blvd
5802 Saratoga Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Patient Account Specialist Job in Corpus Christi
The position is responsible for verifying insurance coverage for each patient scheduled for a procedure and inputting insurance information into the computer and for notifying patients of their financial responsibility prior to their date of surgery and inputting insurance information into the computer. The staffing of the Center is based on a teamwork concept. Employees may be cross-trained in other administrative areas and may be expected to perform duties other than their normal ones as staffing and patient needs change
- Be familiar with medical payment terms (deductible, copay, and coinsurance) and contact patient to discuss their financial responsibility prior to arrival at facility. Provide patients options for payments.
- Assist patients in applying for care credit.
- Pre-certify and verify patient’s insurance coverage or Worker’s Comp with the proper organization.
- Communicate with physician office and scheduling staff in regards to patient demographics, insurance, and procedure codes.
- Navigate payor websites to determine patients coverage and financial responsibility.
- Responsible for collecting deposits, co-payments and other monies from patients prior to admission.
- Calculate promissory note requirements and follow proper signoff process.
- Inputs all demographic information in to the computer.
- Maintains established Center/departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and Center related business.
- Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with patients, families, visitors and other Center employees.
- Able to create detailed notes.
- Participates in Quality Assessment activities as directed for the continuous improvement of patient care and Center business.
- Performs other clerical duties as assigned.
- Previous experience with /insurance/pre-certification and verification required.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Computer skills.
- Polite and courteous phone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must be alert, honest and of good character.