Patient Account Rep II- Patient Billing
ASO Patient Billing-18906
701 N. Sixth Street
Longview, TX 75601
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Account Rep II- Patient Billing Job in Longview
The Patient Account Representative is responsible for the accurate and timely billing and collecting of physician services.
- Responsible for performing billing, A/R follow-up and credit balance resolution activities which result in claim payment.
- Identifies trends and their root cause to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the physician revenue cycle.
- Provide excellent customer service to market personnel, insurance carrier representatives and patients.
- Document all follow-up efforts in practice management system.
- Assists with patient education concerning insurance plan.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Health guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
- Maintains established CHRISTUS Health policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Health's cultural diversity objectives.
- Supports and adheres to CHRISTUS Health Service Guarantee.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college course work a plus.
- Ability to operate a telephone, computer, copier, fax machine and 10-key calculator by touch.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Minimum of three years of physician billing experience.
- Candidate must possess the following:
- Extensive knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-9 coding principles in a multi-specialty physician practice.
- Thorough understanding of government and commercial payer guidelines as well as reimbursement methodologies.
- Ability to successfully perform all aspects of the physician billing cycle including initial claim submission, payer rejection resolution, denial follow-up, secondary appeal and refund processing.
- Advanced understanding of medical terminology.
- Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- None Required