5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Patient Access Specialist Senior - TLRA Insurance
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Houston Office and TLRA Revenue Cycle
Share This Job On
Patient Access Specialist Senior - TLRA Insurance Job in Houston
The Patient Account Specialist Senior is responsible for the accurate and timely billing and collecting of physician services.
- Responsible for performing billing, A/R follow-up and credit balance resolution activities which result in claim payment.
- Identifies trends and their root cause to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the physician revenue cycle.
- Provide excellent customer service to market personnel, insurance carrier representatives and patients.
- Document all follow-up efforts in practice management system.
- Assists with patient education concerning insurance plan.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Health guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
- Maintains established CHRISTUS Health policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Health’s cultural diversity objectives.
- Supports and adheres to CHRISTUS Health Service Guarantee.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college course work a plus.
- Ability to operate telephone, computer, copier, fax machine and 10-key calculator by touch.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Minimum three years of physician billing experience.
- Candidate must possess the following:
- Extensive knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-9 coding principles in a multi-specialty physician practice.
- Thorough understanding of government and commercial payer guidelines as well as reimbursement methodologies.
- Ability to successfully perform all aspects of the physician billing cycle including initial claim submission, payer rejection resolution, denial follow-up, secondary appeal and refund processing. Advanced understanding of medical terminology
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.