Patient Access Specialist FT/40HRS
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
490A West Zia Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Access Specialist FT/40HRS Job in Santa Fe
Have in depth knowledge of the health system and has the ability to work more complex cases without much support from Patient Access Manager or others. Accuracy level, productions numbers, customer service scores and attendance requirements must be consistently met or exceeded with the understanding that should any of the scores decrease, an action plan up to and including demotion to Patient Access Representative I, may occur. Can accurately and effectively, train new employees. Have full working knowledge of hired area and all areas listed below:
- Able to schedule ancillary procedures appropriately, keeping location instructions, patient demographics and insurance requirements in mind while receiving support from leadership.
- Able to schedule primary and specialty office visits appropriately, keeping location instructions, patient demographics and insurance requirements in mind while receiving support from leadership.
- Employee will verify eligibility; obtain benefits as well as any pre-authorizations or referrals needed. Position is also responsible for data entry into EPIC as indicated for assigned OP surgeries, IP surgeries, and any diagnostic procedures.
- Employee will verify patient demographics, scheduled date and place of service for upcoming procedure as well as collect any co-pays, patient payment estimator (PPE), past due amounts or bad debt the patient may have. Employee will obtain the patient payment (PPE) take full or partial payments as well as set up payment plans.
- New hire mentoring for onboarding new associates.
- Monitor referral and prior authorizations workqueues in EPIC for production to ensure efficient workflow and quality.
- Accuracy level and customer service scores must be consistent with the expectations of a new employee and the employee must continually desire to learn new objectives while increasing their accuracy level and customer service scores through training and coaching. Employee must adhere to all employee codes of conduct to ensure their actions are consistent with the mission of Christus St. Vincent Health System as we continue to extend the Healing Ministry of Jesus Christ. This positon follows departmental productivity and quality control measure as set forth my management
EDUCATION: High school graduate
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Medical Terminology Certification preferred
SKILLS: Comfortable using a computer, basic typewriting and computer skills (data entry or word processing), experience with excel, email and online insurance verification. Self-motivated and self-directed, dependable, strong organizational skills, excellent customer service skills, strong problem-solving skills. Knowledge of health insurance and managed care concepts and requirements.
EXPERIENCE: Two to three years of general or medical office experience or completion of a medical office program within the last two years. Two to three years of health insurance experience.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Patient Access Manager