Patient Access Representative Senior - Cardio Thoracic Surgery
CHRISTUS St Michael
No Travel Applicable
CHRISTUS St Michael Health System
2600 St Michael Drive
Texarkana, TX 75503
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Access Representative Senior - Cardio Thoracic Surgery Job in Texarkana
The Patient Account Representative is responsible for the accurate and timely billing and collecting of physician services.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college course work a plus.
- Ability to operate telephone, computer, copier, fax machine and 10-key calculator by touch.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Minimum three years of physician billing experience.
- Extensive knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-9 coding principles in a multi-specialty physician practice.
- Thorough understanding of government and commercial payer guidelines as well as reimbursement methodologies.
- Ability to successfully perform all aspects of the physician billing cycle including initial claim submission, payer rejection resolution, denial follow-up, secondary appeal and refund processing.
- Advanced understanding of medical terminology.