Patient Access Representative Senior - Ambulatory Surgery
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS SR Ministry Administration Office Loop 410
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Access Representative Senior - Ambulatory Surgery Job in San Antonio
Patient Access representatives facilitate a welcome and easy access to the facility and are responsible for establishing an encounter for any patient who meets the guidelines for hospital service.Patient Access staff ensures that all data entry is accurate including demographic and financial information for each account. Patient Access has numerous procedural requirements including data elements, insurance verification, authorization for services, and collections for all patient portions including prior balances. Patient Access staff is responsible for the successful financial outcome of all patient services. Patient Access communicates directly with patients and families, physicians, nurses, insurance companies and third party payers. This position requires professional appearance, behavior, and good communication skills. Patient Access representatives require dependability, flexibility, and teamwork.
- This advanced level position is designed to promote the demonstrated knowledge and competency of Patient Access duties in multiple areas, including a demonstrated ability to use good judgment in making independent decisions to resolve customer issues in all routine operations.
- Accurately inputs all required data elements for scheduling and registration, including patient demographic, financial information, guarantor information, and relevant notes associated with the encounter.
- Verifies eligibility and obtains necessary authorizations for services rendered.
- Calculates and collects the estimated patient portion based on benefits and contract reimbursement as well as prior balances.
- Performs financial assessment for appropriate program assistance.
- Communicates the purpose of and obtains patient/legal guardian signatures on all necessary hospital documents.
- Represents the Patient Access department in a professional, courteous manner at ALL times.
- Required to assist the hospital in the event of an internal or external disaster.
- Demonstrates flexibility in meeting the needs of the department to accommodate patient volume in all areas of the hospital. This may require assignment to another area of the department, and shift change.
- Supports the department in achieving established performance targets.
- Serves as a resource to assist in the development, mentoring and training of other associates.
- Participates in assists with performance improvement initiatives and demonstrates an understanding and compliance of all department policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates contribution and achievement of department collection initiatives. Follows the CHRISTUS Health Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Associate timely completes all required educational assignments.
- Completes required training as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate degree preferred with emphasis in health/business related field.
- Successful completion of the core educational curriculum “Excellence at the Front End” required within one year of employment.
- Two years experience in hospital registration or a comparable position required.
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate through National Association of Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM) required.