Patient Access Representative-Rehab Hospital-PRN
CHRISTUS St Michael
CHRISTUS St Michael Rehabilitation Hospital
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Access Representative-Rehab Hospital-PRN Job in Texarkana
Patient Access Representatives facilitate a welcome and easy access to the facility and are responsible for establishing an encounter for any patient who meets the guidelines for hospital service. Patient Access staff ensures that all data entry is accurate including demographic and financial information for each account. Patient Access has numerous procedural requirements including data elements, insurance verification, authorization for services, and collections for all patient portions including prior balances. Patient Access staff is responsible for the successful financial outcome of all patient services. Patient Access communicates directly with patients and families, physicians, nurses, insurance companies, and third party payers. This position requires professional appearance, behavior, and good communication skills. Patient Access Representatives require dependability, flexibility, and teamwork.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills Successful completion of the core educational curriculum, "Excellence at the Front End" required within one year of employment.
- One year experience in hospital registration or a comparable position preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Per diem as needed