Patient Access Representative OP Scheduling/ Full-Time
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Access Representative OP Scheduling/ Full-Time Job in Santa fe
POSITION SUMMARY: PAR I: Have an introductory knowledge of the health system and what services are offered. Have full working knowledge of one of the following areas listed below:
- Able to schedule ancillary procedures appropriately, keeping location instructions, patient demographics and insurance requirements in mind while receiving support from leadership.
- Able to schedule primary and specialty office visits appropriately, keeping location instructions, patient demographics and insurance requirements in mind while receiving support from leadership.
- Employee will verify eligibility; obtain benefits as well as any pre-authorizations or referrals needed. Position is also responsible for data entry into EPIC as indicated for assigned OP surgeries, IP surgeries, and any diagnostic procedures.
- Employee will verify patient demographics, scheduled date and place of service for upcoming procedure as well as collect any co-pays, patient payment estimator (PPE), past due amounts or bad debt the patient may have. Employee will obtain the patient payment (PPE) take full or partial payments as well as set up payment plans.
- Accuracy level and customer service scores must be consistent with the expectations of a new employee and the employee must continually desire to learn new objectives while increasing their accuracy level and customer service scores through training and coaching. Employee must adhere to all employee codes of conduct to ensure their actions are consistent with the mission of Christus St. Vincent Health System as we continue to extend the Healing Ministry of Jesus Christ. This positon follows departmental productivity and quality control measure as set forth my management.
EDUCATION: High school graduate
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Medical Terminology Certification preferred
- Comfortable using a computer, basic typewriting and computer skills (data entry or word processing)
- Experience with excel, email and online insurance verification
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Dependable, strong organizational skills, excellent customer service skills, strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of health insurance and managed care concepts and requirements.
EXPERIENCE: One to two years of general or medical office experience or completion of a medical office program within the last two years. One to two years of health insurance experience preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Patient Access Manager
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to sit for long periods of time at a computer terminal, using sound ergonomic principles. Extensive use of hands for writing, phone, and computer work. Moderate physical effort (able to lift/carry up to 20lbs.) Subject to stressful professional relationships.