Patient Access Representative Lead - Marshall Admitting
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center Marshall
811 South Washington
Marshall, TX 75670
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Patient Access Representative Lead - Marshall Admitting Job in Marshall
Acts as a lead resource person to provide guidance and accountability for the Admitting department which encompasses registration, insurance verification pre-certification and cashiering. Offers suggestions to optimize staff performance through process redesign, policy/procedure implementation, communications and outcome feedback. Serves as a liaison between the Admitting Department and other Departments.
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of three years of Patient Admitting and Registration experience or its equivalent is required.
- Maintains current knowledge of registration processes and systems, regulation and third party payer issues, and automated systems through literature review and in-service
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret customer requirements and recommends procedures for compliance with regulations and standards
- Displays on-going leadership in promoting positive attitudes and ensuring exceptional customer service. Serves as a coach, mentor, team builder and facilitator
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate and work with physicians, physician office personnel, associates and others in order to expedite the registration process to avoid negative patient service
- Displays creativity in making process recommendations and to implement such change
- Is self-directed, global thinker with the ability to work with groups as well as independently
- Demonstrates the ability to handle a high degree of pressure, heavy workloads, multiple requests, numerous interruptions, and short deadlines in a positive manner
- Functional to intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, and Power Point