Patient Access Representative Lead - Central Scheduling
CHRISTUS Spohn Administration Office
1801 Fairfield Avenue
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Access Representative Lead - Central Scheduling Job in Corpus Christi
Admit patients to hospital, assuring that all hospital policies and procedures are observed. Prepares pre-admission and admitting forms, assigns rooms, and facilitates room transfers as necessary. Verifies insurance benefits assigned to hospital and explains financial requirements to patient or patient representative.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills with various software programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other department specific programs
- Perform Mathematical calculations proficiently.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and perform repetitious tasks.
- Must be able to type 45 wpm.
- Must be able to interpret and analyze data.
- Computer basic keyboard skills, telephone skills and general knowledge of office machines including printers, copier, scanner, and credit card machines required.
- Must be able to demonstrate customer, team, and interdepartmental orientation based on CQI principles.
- Two years of experience in hospital registration or comparable position required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and insurance carriers required.
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) certification through National Association of Healthcare Access Management required within 6 months of hire/transfer date.