3PM - 11PM
Patient Access Representative Lead - Admitting
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Patient Access Representative Lead - Admitting Job in Corpus Christi
Perform all functions necessary to accomplish the admission/registration of patients including insurance verification, certification/authorization of service, financial assessments, and collections. May be assigned to work variable areas; may include general inpatient/outpatient admission/registration office, emergency room registration, clinic registration, ancillary registration, or pre-admission/registration. Work cooperatively with management, all revenue cycle, and hospital associates. In collaboration with Management assists with staff development and performance improvement including monitoring work flow, initiating staffing changes and directing work tasks as necessary to manage fluctuating volumes. Will identify through quality review processes staff counseling, educational, and mediation needs. In the absence of manager, will serve as a point of primary contact for patient complaints/customer issues; initiates downtime; represents the department at scheduled meetings as needed. Will serve as trainer/mentor for new hires and provides progress reports to department management team. Also, perform other duties as assigned.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills with various software programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other department specific programs
- Perform Mathematical calculations proficiently.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and perform repetitious tasks.
- Must be able to type 45 wpm.
- Must be able to interpret and analyze data.
- Computer basic keyboard skills, telephone skills and general knowledge of office machines including printers, copier, scanner, and credit card machines required.
- Must be able to demonstrate customer, team, and interdepartmental orientation based on CQI principles.
- Two years of experience in hospital registration or comparable position required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and insurance carriers required.
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) certification through National Association of Healthcare Access Management required within 6 months of hire/transfer date.