Patient Access Representative- Jasper
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Jasper Memorial Hospital
1275 Marvin Hancock Drive
Jasper, TX 75951
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Access Representative- Jasper Job in Jasper
Patient Access representatives facilitate a welcome and easy access to the facility and are responsible for establishing an encounter for any patient who meets the guidelines for hospital service. Patient Access staff ensures that all data entry is accurate including demographic and financial information for each account. Patient Access has numerous procedural requirements including data elements, insurance verification, authorization for services, and collections for all patient portions including prior balances. Patient Access staff is responsible for the successful financial outcome of all patient services. Patient Access communicates directly with patients and families, physicians, nurses, insurance companies and third party payers. This position requires professional appearance, behavior, and good communication skills. Patient Access representatives require dependability, flexibility, and teamwork.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate degree preferred with emphasis in health/business related field.
- Successful completion of the core educational curriculum "Excellence at the Front End" required within one year of employment.
- Two years experience in hospital registration or a comparable position required.
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate through National Association of Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM) required.
Per Diem As Needed