Patient Access Representative- Jasper
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Jasper Memorial Hospital
1275 Marvin Hancock Drive
Jasper, TX 75951
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Access Representative- Jasper Job in Jasper
Patient Access representatives facilitate a welcome and easy access to the facility and are responsible for establishing an encounter for any patient who meets the guidelines for hospital service. Patient Access staff ensures that all data entry is accurate including demographic and financial information for each account. Patient Access has numerous procedural requirements including data elements, insurance verification, authorization for services, and collections for all patient portions including prior balances. Patient Access staff is responsible for the successful financial outcome of all patient services. Patient Access communicates directly with patients and families, physicians, nurses, insurance companies and third party payers. This position requires professional appearance, behavior, and good communication skills. Patient Access representatives require dependability, flexibility, and teamwork.
- Accurately inputs all required data elements for scheduling and registration, including patient demographic, financial information, guarantor information, and relevant notes associated with the encounter.
- Verifies eligibility and obtains necessary authorizations for services rendered.
- Calculates and collects the estimated patient portion based on benefits and contract reimbursement as well as prior balances.
- Performs financial assessment for appropriate program assistance.
- Communicates the purpose of and obtains patient/legal guardian signatures on all necessary hospital documents.
- Represents the Patient Access department in a professional, courteous manner at ALL times.
- Required to assist the hospital in the event of an internal or external disaster.
- Supports the flexible needs of the department to accommodate patient volume all areas of the hospital. This may require assignment to another area of the department, and shift change. Supports the department in achieving established performance targets.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Health Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Associate timely completes all required educational assignments. Completes required training as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of the core educational curriculum “Excellence at the Front End” required within one year of employment.
- One year experience in hospital registration or a comparable position preferred.