Patient Access Representative - After Hours Nurseline
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Woodgate Admin Bldg
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Access Representative - After Hours Nurseline Job in Tyler
Patient Access representatives are responsible for establishing an encounter for any patient who meets the guidelines for CHRISTUS AFTER HOURS NURSE TRIAGE. Patient Access staff ensures that all data entry is accurate including demographic, call back information, and reason for call.
Patient Access has numerous procedural requirements including data elements, patient screening, patient support, appointment management, etc. Patient Access communicates directly with patients and families, physicians, nurses, and other healthcare disciplines.
This position requires professional behavior and good communication skills. Patient Access representatives require dependability, flexibility, and teamwork.
This advanced level position is designed to promote the demonstrated knowledge and competency of Patient Access duties in multiple areas, including a demonstrated ability to use good judgment in making independent decisions to resolve customer issues in all routine operations.
The Patient Access Representative Senior is responsible for the accurate and timely processing or patient call requests. Managing patient concerns and serving as an informal leader within the department.
· High school diploma or equivalent; college course work a plus.
· Ability to operate telephone, computer, copier, fax machine
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Detail oriented.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Minimum three years customer service or healthcare experience
· Advanced understanding of medical terminology. Must be willing to complete a Medical Terminology class if not already done.