Patient Access Representative - Admitting
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Alice
2500 East Main Street
Alice, TX 78332
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Access Representative - Admitting Job in Alice
Patient Access Representative will facilitate a welcome and courteous environment, while establishing a positive encounter with any patient who is in need of services. Patient Access staff ensures that all data entry is accurate including procedural requirements, data elements, insurance verification, authorization for services, demographic and financial information for each account. Responsible for the successful financial outcome of all patient services to include collections for all patient portions including prior balances. Communicate effectively with patients and families, physicians, nurses, insurance companies and third party payers.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Alice was built in 1999 to serve the healthcare needs of people in Alice and the surrounding communities. The hospital is a Level IV Trauma Center and is licensed for 186 beds and offers comprehensive medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency and intensive care, as well as cardiac and comprehensive services. At CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Alice, Coastal Bend nurses can feel confident they have a place to work that will support them and help them grow professionally. The hospital has achieved the Pathway to Excellence® designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), recognizing hospitals which support and nurture their nurses’ development.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills with various software programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other department specific programs
- Perform Mathematical calculations proficiently.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and perform repetitious tasks.
- Must be able to type 45 wpm.
- Must be able to interpret and analyze data.
- Computer basic keyboard skills, telephone skills and general knowledge of office machines including printers, copier, scanner, and credit card machines required.
- One year of experience in hospital registration or comparable position preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Knowledge if basic medical terminology preferred.