Patient Access Representative - Admitting
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Kleberg
1311 General Cavazos Blvd
Kingsville, TX 78363
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Access Representative - Admitting Job in Kingsville
Patient Access Representative will facilitate a welcome and courteous environment, while establishing a positive encounter with any patient who is in need of services. Patient Access staff ensures that all data entry is accurate including procedural requirements, data elements, insurance verification, authorization for services, demographic and financial information for each account. Responsible for the successful financial outcome of all patient services to include collections for all patient portions including prior balances. Communicate effectively with patients and families, physicians, nurses, insurance companies and third party payers.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Kleberg is a premier medical facility found in a town known for its ranching history and rich in Texas culture in Kingsville, Texas. Licensed for 100 beds, the hospital is a Level IV Trauma Center general acute care facility offering complete Medical and Surgical Services including Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Skilled Nursing, as well as, Emergency, Intensive Care, Cardiac and Comprehensive Diagnostic Services serving the resident of Kleberg, Brooks, Kennedy and southern Nueces counties.
CHRISTUS Spohn Kleberg Plaza houses the hospital’s birthing services with modern, state-of-the-art labor/delivery/recovery/postpartum rooms (LDRPs,) a nursery, the Cissy Horlock Taub Women’s Center (a diagnostic and education/resource center) and physician office suites. Outpatient rehabilitation services including occupational, and speech therapy, wound care, physical and aquatic therapy are offered at two convenient locations in Kingsville.
At CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Kleberg, we respect what each individual brings to our faith-based mission of healing, and to our commitment to provide the very finest health care. Your background, your skills and your personality are welcome here. We have a supportive environment where quality of work and quality of life are in balance.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills with various software programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other department specific programs
- Perform Mathematical calculations proficiently.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and perform repetitious tasks.
- Must be able to type 45 wpm.
- Must be able to interpret and analyze data.
- Computer basic keyboard skills, telephone skills and general knowledge of office machines including printers, copier, scanner, and credit card machines required.
- One year of experience in hospital registration or comparable position preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Knowledge if basic medical terminology preferred.