Patient Access Representative - Admitting Job in Corpus Christi
Patient Access Representative will facilitate a welcome and courteous environment, while establishing a positive encounter with any patient who is in need of services. Patient Access staff ensures that all data entry is accurate including procedural requirements, data elements, insurance verification, authorization for services, demographic and financial information for each account. Responsible for the successful financial outcome of all patient services to include collections for all patient portions including prior balances. Communicate effectively with patients and families, physicians, nurses, insurance companies and third party payers.
Located just minutes from the shores of Padre Island, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-South provides surgical and medical services for our patients in south Corpus Christi. Perfectly positioned to serve the rapidly-growing south side of Corpus Christi, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - South is licensed for 158 beds. South offers a full range of medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency, intensive care as well as advanced diagnostic and imaging. The hospital is also home to a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit which enables recovering mothers to remain close to their premature or special needs babies.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills with various software programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other department specific programs
- Perform Mathematical calculations proficiently.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and perform repetitious tasks.
- Must be able to type 45 wpm.
- Must be able to interpret and analyze data.
- Computer basic keyboard skills, telephone skills and general knowledge of office machines including printers, copier, scanner, and credit card machines required.
- One year of experience in hospital registration or comparable position preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Knowledge if basic medical terminology preferred.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.