Patient Access Representative
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas St Mary Hospital
3600 Gates Blvd
Port Arthur, TX 77642
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Access Representative Job in Port Arthur
Patient Access representatives facilitate a welcome and easy access to the facility and are responsible for establishing an encounter for any patient who meets the guidelines for hospital service. Patient Access staff ensures that all data entry is accurate including demographic and financial information for each account. Patient Access has numerous procedural requirements including data elements, insurance verification, authorization for services, and collections for all patient portions including prior balances. Patient Access staff is responsible for the successful financial outcome of all patient services. Patient Access communicates directly with patients and families, physicians, nurses, insurance companies and third party payers. This position requires professional appearance, behavior, and good communication skills. Patient Access representatives require dependability, flexibility, and teamwork.
This advanced level position is designed to promote the demonstrated knowledge and competency of Patient Access duties in multiple areas, including a demonstrated ability to use good judgment in making independent decisions to resolve customer issues in all routine operations.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate degree preferred with emphasis in health/business related field.
- Successful completion of the core educational curriculum "Excellence at the Front End" required within one year of employment.
- Two years experience in hospital registration or a comparable position required.
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate through National Association of Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM) required.