5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Patient Access Rep SENIOR/PRN/Atlanta, TX
CHRISTUS St Michael
CHRISTUS St Michael Health System
Share This Job On
Patient Access Rep SENIOR/PRN/Atlanta, TX Job in Texarkana
- Performs duties relative to financial aspects of patient care, including financial counseling, billing and collection of accounts. Assists managers with various other duties as necessary.
- Submits insurance claims to third party payors electronically and on paper. Follows up on unpaid third party claims to resolution (payment or denial).
- Evaluates and processes accounts for adjustments, charity, outside assistance or bad debt. Analyzes accounts to ensure full reimbursement and to satisfy patient and/or insurance company inquiries.
- Collects balances due from patients using phone calls, personal contact, statements, letters or third party services.
- Receives, processes and responds to correspondence or phone inquiries from patients, guarantors, insurance companies, attorneys, etc.
- Compiles data, tracks results and reports to management.
- May be assigned specialty responsibilities in the areas of refunds, reconciliation, balancing and/or posting and in data collection and analysis.
- Handles difficult patient account management issues referred by other staff. Assists managers with various duties including, but not limited to, review of write-offs, adjustments, refunds and discounts; coordinating work group activities; and training of other staff.
·High School Diploma
PRN / Up to 16 hours per week.