Patient Access Rep Lead - Admitting
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi South
5950 Saratoga Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Access Rep Lead - Admitting Job in Corpus Christi
Perform all functions necessary to accomplish the admission/registration of patients including insurance verification, certification/authorization of service, financial assessments, and collections. May be assigned to work variable areas; may include general inpatient/outpatient admission/registration office, emergency room registration, clinic registration, ancillary registration, or pre-admission/registration. Work cooperatively with management, all revenue cycle, and hospital associates. In collaboration with Management assists with staff development and performance improvement including monitoring work flow, initiating staffing changes and directing work tasks as necessary to manage fluctuating volumes. Will identify through quality review processes staff counseling, educational, and mediation needs. In the absence of manager, will serve as a point of primary contact for patient complaints/customer issues; initiates downtime; represents the department at scheduled meetings as needed. Will serve as trainer/mentor for new hires and provides progress reports to department management team. Also, perform other duties as assigned.
Located just minutes from the shores of Padre Island, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-South provides surgical and medical services for our patients in south Corpus Christi. Perfectly positioned to serve the rapidly-growing south side of Corpus Christi, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - South is licensed for 158 beds. South offers a full range of medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency, intensive care as well as advanced diagnostic and imaging. The hospital is also home to a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit which enables recovering mothers to remain close to their premature or special needs babies.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills with various software programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other department specific programs
- Perform Mathematical calculations proficiently.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and perform repetitious tasks.
- Must be able to type 45 wpm.
- Must be able to interpret and analyze data.
- Computer basic keyboard skills, telephone skills and general knowledge of office machines including printers, copier, scanner, and credit card machines required.
- Must be able to demonstrate customer, team, and interdepartmental orientation based on CQI principles.
- Two years of experience in hospital registration or comparable position required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and insurance carriers required.
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) certification through National Association of Healthcare Access Management required within 6 months of hire/transfer date.