5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Patient Access Rep - Family Health Center - Westside
CHRISTUS Spohn Family Health Center Westside
4617 Greenwood Drive
Corpus Christi, TX 78416
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Patient Access Rep - Family Health Center - Westside Job in Corpus Christi
Patient Access Representative will facilitate a welcome and courteous environment, while establishing a positive encounter with any patient who is in need of services.Patient Access staff ensures that all data entry is accurate including procedural requirements, data elements, insurance verification, authorization for services, demographic and financial information for each account.Responsible for the successful financial outcome of all patient services to include collections for all patient portions including prior balances.Communicate effectively with patients and families, physicians, nurses, insurance companies and third party payers.
CHRISTUS Spohn Family Health Centers –Westside is a an outpatient department and provider- based facility associated with CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi – Memorial supported by two contracted, board certified Family Physicians, a mid-level Family Nurse Practitioner, and a Dentist.It is centrally located at 4617 Greenwood Dr. Corpus Christi, Texas 78416.The clinic zip code is federally designated as a medically underserved area. The Center offers acute and chronic ambulatory health care along with preventive medicine and patient education.The department is supported by 10 associates, 4 clerical and 6 clinical staff for the providers.The hours of operation are: Medical clinic – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday; Dental clinic -- 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday
The Center health care team is organized to deliver timely, appropriate ambulatory services to patients and their families.The following goals summarize the elements key to its operation:
- To provide an alternative to the Emergency Room for non-emergent health care
- To improve access to health care for under-served populations and/or areas.
- To provide primary care services to families, regardless of payor class.
- To maintain a continuum of care when patients for patients needing specialty and hospital care.
We believe that the daily activities involved in delivering health care to the patients of the community sets the department apart from others. Each of us believes that our participation in the care of our patients makes a difference in the lives we touch daily. Comradery and sense of family is important to the team. Several of the associates have worked with the family health center for many years.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills with various software programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and other department specific programs
- Perform Mathematical calculations proficiently.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and perform repetitious tasks.
- Must be able to type 45 wpm.
- Must be able to interpret and analyze data.
- Computer basic keyboard skills, telephone skills and general knowledge of office machines including printers, copier, scanner, and credit card machines required.
- One year of experience in hospital registration or comparable position preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Knowledge if basic medical terminology preferred.