Patient Access Manager Job in Tyler
The Manager of Patient Access is considered a leadership position that provides support, directions, and focus for the staff involved in all areas of patient access. The Manager Patient Access works collaboratively with the facility service departments, referring provides, and patients to facilitate ease of access to services provided by the facility. This position is responsible for the staffing, and management of daily activities to produce successful outcomes of all patient encounters. This position measures productivity and outcomes. Mangers are expected to monitor adherence and compliance to CHRISTUS standards, directives, regulatory requirements and other guidance that mandates requirements governing such process. This position also works to ensure that financial performance objectives are achieved that are related to revenue cycle initiatives. The Manager Patient Access is expected to maintain effective professional relationships with other department leaders, share ideas, and implement actions related to the patient access functions. The ability to communicate effectively with all types of people at all levels is critical. This position is expected to provide the leadership needed to promote a teamwork environment. Patient Access is responsible for encounter creation management to include scheduling functions, pre-registration, registration, insurance verification, pre-certification and authorization, calculation of reimbursement and patient responsibility, collection, posting, reconciliation, and successful billing. Numerous regulatory requirements are included in all these processes and Management is expected to monitor compliance.
- Bachelor degree, business related preferred or equivalent hospital leadership experience required.
- Must have extensive knowledge in all areas of Patient Access functions, including registration, reimbursement/payer guidelines, and billing and collection processes.
- Knowledge of governmental, federal, state and local regulations related to admissions.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of associates.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Must have practical knowledge of common office software applications including Power Point, Excel, Word, etc.
- 3-5 years of leadership experience as a lead or supervisor is a plus.
- Call center, scheduling, pre-access and/or hospital experience is preferred.
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) or Certified Healthcare Access Manager (CHAM) certification preferred but not required.