Paramedic Transfer Center - Patient Intake Transfer Center
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini Hospital
Share This Job On
Paramedic Transfer Center - Patient Intake Transfer Center Job in Alexandria
The CHRISTUS Transfer Center paramedic is responsible for evaluating, coordinating, processing, screening, and documenting patient transfers into the CHRISTUS Health system. The CHRISTUS Transfer Center paramedic will collaborate with relevant business partners for the appropriate level of care and transport of patients into the CHRISTUS Health system. The CHRISTUS Transfer Center will be responsible for obtaining appropriate medical and demographic information and coordinating communication between the referring and receiving physicians and between healthcare facilities. The CHRISTUS Transfer Center paramedic will efficiently engage appropriate departments in the transfer process.
The CHRISTUS Transfer Center paramedic will utilize problem-solving and customer service skills to determine the best course of action for the patient, the physician, and the hospital by working closely with facility House Supervisors, referring physicians, ED, and inpatient staff to ensure the effective and efficient transfer of every patient.
This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of CHRISTUS Health. It is expected that the associate demonstrates behavior consistent with the Core Values. The associate shall support CHRISTUS Health’s strategic plan and the goals and direction of their Performance Improvement Plan (PIP).
- Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills, including telephone and personal contact with all CHRISTUS Transfer Center groups (i.e. physicians, case managers, nurses, administrators, and colleagues).
- Always maintains a high level of professionalism.
- Always maintains a patient-centered mentality.
- Anticipates and prioritizes critical transfer issues.
- Appropriately escalates concerns/barriers that require administrative judgment based on hospital policies and procedures.
- Accepts new assignments and performs additional duties as requested professionally.
- Working collaboratively with team members, the CHRISTUS Transfer Center paramedic uses and follows specific protocols, policies, procedures, and established resources to ensure appropriate and efficient transfer.
- Maintains timely knowledge of all current and future transfer requests.
- Collaborates with CHRISTUS hospital’s ED, House Supervisors, Administrators, and physicians to ensure appropriate and timely transfer.
- Works closely and proactively with House supervisors to understand daily capacity, availability, and patient flow.
- Remains proficient in EMTALA.
- Utilizes the ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex tasks.
- Utilizes ability to problem solve and make decisions quickly.
- Maintains proficiency in computer systems and databases for excellent patient care, accurate data collection, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Responds to all callers with the aid of computer systems and databases.
- Proficient in using the transfer center software.
- Knowledgeable in Meditech.
- Attends team meetings, in-services, and trainings to maintain up-to-date knowledge of software systems and new processes.
- Establishes and maintains a high degree of awareness and knowledge of the hospital’s medical staff, services, and special programs.
- Communicate with House Supervisors at CHRISTUS Hospital to access bed availability and changes in service availability, each shift.
- Collaborates with team members to maintain standard call lists.
- Regularly updates service availability and contact information.
- Stays up to date on new physician/service changes by reading emails and attending team meetings.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge and required licensure and certifications through continuous education and professional development and accepts new assignments and performs additional duties as requested professionally.
- Maintains annual regulatory/clinical requirements and documentation per policy (i.e. annual in-services, CPR, TB testing, etc.).
- Attends in-services and continuing education programs to enhance clinical knowledge and skill level.
- Participates in professional associations as appropriate.
- Healthstream (HLC) modules completed by the assigned date.
- Complete Associate Self-evaluation and forward to the Supervisor by the assigned date.
- Attend 2 of the Direct Connect Meetings per fiscal year.
- Maintain licensure or certification without lapse.
- Maintain BCLS certification.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate from an accredited program/school for paramedics or successfully passed the paramedic exam post-military service required.
- 5 years of experience as a paramedic in a 911 or hospital setting required.
- EMT-P certification required.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.