Apply Now Paramedic - Emergency Room - PRN Job in Alice
The Paramedic is a certified and/or licensed paramedic and is part of the Emergency Department patient care team who collaboratively works in a complementary and assistive role with nursing. The Paramedic performs a variety of RN delegated tasks under the supervision of the Registered Nurse. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with training, competence and skill. He/she is knowledgeable of and follows all hospital policies and procedures. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Alice was built in 1999 to serve the healthcare needs of people in Alice and the surrounding communities. The hospital is a Level IV Trauma Center and is licensed for 186 beds and offers comprehensive medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency and intensive care, as well as cardiac and comprehensive services. At CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Alice, Coastal Bend nurses can feel confident they have a place to work that will support them and help them grow professionally.The hospital has achieved the Pathway to Excellence® designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), recognizing hospitals which support and nurture their nurses’ development.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Two to three years’ experience in a doctor’s office or other ambulatory health care setting.
- Certified EMT – P (Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic)
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- De-escalation training required within 90 days of hire/transfer date.
- PALS within 18 months of hire/transfer date
Per Diem As Needed