7PM - 7AM
Paramedic - Emergency Room
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
Share This Job On
Paramedic - Emergency Room Job in Corpus Christi
The EMT – Paramedic will provide ambulatory care which includes the assessment and implementation of an appropriate care plan compatible with the physician’s overall therapeutic goals. This individual will include the physical, psychological and social dimensions unique to each patient as care is given in a community oriented primary care center. Responsibilities in the ER will include starting IV’s for patients, taking vital signs, EKG’s, transferring patients and other duties as assigned by ER Director/Manager.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two to three years experience in a doctor’s office or other ambulatory health care setting.
- Certified EMT – P (Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic)
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- De-escalation training required within 90 days of hire/transfer date.
- PALS within 18 months of hire/transfer date